When I was a teen, I always looked forward to the years I was an adult and my acne would finally disappear. I’m halfway through my 27th year, and well, my skin still breaks out like it did during my teen years. I have sensitive skin and combined with pregnancy hormones, well lets just say its a rare day that I am blemish free. Now that I am a busy mother, it is important to me to find a skin care routine that is quick and easy but leaves me feeling refreshed.
Everyone says when you’re pregnant, you’ll get that healthy “pregnancy glow.” Yeah – still waiting for this so-called “natural occurrence.” Thankfully, I have found a few products and tips that have kept my skin almost blemish free during this pregnancy and that have brought me the healthy pregnancy glow. Enjoy!
1. Be sure to wash morning and night with a gentle cleanser. If you can’t do 2x a day, at least get your nightly cleanse in! I like to use Purity by Philosophy. A little bit goes a long way so this bottle lasts me a long time!
2. After I wash, I apply a Vitamin C Brightening Serum by Avon ANEW. This stuff is magic, and amazing! I apply this AM and PM, before I moisturize. Apply in a circular upward motion. Do avoid the eyes!! Give it about two weeks and you’ll see a difference in your skin tone.
3. For my daily moisturizer, I use a Refining Cream by Avon ANEW. I only use this in the AM.
4. I do exfoliate 2-3x a week, but since my skin is sensitive, this I may exfoliate less often. I currently use the Spin for Perfect Skin cleansing brush. I am not “in love” with this brush, I find that if I press to firmly the brush does not rotate properly. I also bought mine on Groupon for only $20 so I do not recommend that you purchase at full price!
5. Last but not least, get yourself an amazing highlighter! Oh my goodness, I purchased the Anastasia Glow Kit and it is truly worth every penny. Most days I’m lucky if I am dressed with my hair dried. I apply a little bit of this highlighter to my cheeks, nose and top of my forehead and I have an instant summer bronze glow going on!
**please note, the ANEW products were compliments of Avon as part of the #PreenMeVIP program. All above opinions are my own and I was not paid to create this post.